About Me

My photo
My name is Luceile. I live in Texas (represent!) I've spent my share of time [and then some] in front of the mirror and, like most women, I have a need to share effective products with everyone. Enter: LUSH Cosmetics.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Tokyo in the Tub

Oh hai! I haven't posted in a while because I've been doing more stuff on Tumblr these days. Look for me on Tumblr under LuceileLush, where I do the majority of my posting.

To the point! Last night I concocted what is now one of my favorite cocktails of all time. It smells pretty nice, like a sweet vanilla candy, but it looks EPIC. The color is such an amazing neon pink with a tinge of bright orange, it's beautiful.
So follow me as I show you how to bring the lights of Tokyo to your bubble bath with a LUSH cocktail that would make Hello Kitty green (or pink) with envy.


First, crumble 1/2 of a Flosty Gritter into the tub and start the water. If anybody has been a LUSHie for a year or so, they know about Flosty Gritter. It's glittery like SunnySide, with a slightly finer luster, but it's pink and smells of Vanilla. It got discontinued last year, much to the chagrin of, well, everyone.
I don't know why LUSH got rid of one of the prettiest bubble bars with one of the most versatile scents (vanilla matches well with pretty much any other scent), whilst leaving something as horribly scented and horribly ugly as Creamy Candy on the shelves.
Hopefully Flosty will return in the form of Retro, or maybe one day they'll catch wise and take the Miranda route by bringing it back to stores. One can only dream. In the meantime, if you've depleted your Flosty Gritter rations or didn't discover LUSH in time to nab one, then The Comforter bubble bar should do fine and dandy without changing the cocktail too much.

Secondly, I climbed in the tub and dropped in the Vanilla Fountain bath bomb. The water turned a faint orange color, so I decided to add a little pizazz by adding my Pink! (formerly known as Think Pink) bath bomb.
After that dissolved...WOW is all I can say. This bath cocktail is not complete without Pink! It brings the water to a bright neon pink with just a hint of neon orange and, thanks to Pink!, there was little pink heart confetti floating around. Plus, Pink! Has a vanilla candy scent so it fits right in with the rest of the gang in this cocktail.

I washed up with my little decant of Snow Showers forum special shower gel that my boss, Miss Cherry Chola, so generously gave to me. This shower gel is awesome, because it smells exactly like realbubblegum.
Tangent Time: I normally hate bubblegum-ish scents, but this one actually didn't aim for that fragrance, it just happens to smell like real bubblegum, like from the 25¢ gum machine, not Snow Fdairy's or Bubblegum lip scrub's or Rock Star soap's versions of Bubblegum. If there's one scent family that I think LUSH [and every other company in the world] should stop doing, it's bubblegum.
It's never ever good when anyone attempts to make a bubblegum scent, it's always too heavy and overly sweet or childish, there are no exceptions. However LUSH, in their amazingness, stumbled upon a way to accidentally create a true and beautiful bubblegum scent, but I don't know if they're aware of what they have on their hands with this one.


Anyway, I smelled like sweet and awesome epicness long after my bath was over and I must say that Snow Showers is one of the most exquisite shower gels that LUSH has ever offered. I would buy this shower gel year round for the rest of my life and die happy as a clam.
However, if you didn't manage to get your hands on some of this orgasmic-smelling shower gel, the Vanilla In The Mist hand and body soap or It's Raining Men shower gel would be good matches as well.

One could add Happy Blooming to this bath if they needed a little extra boost of moisture or some soothing calamine for their skin, and I bet it would only enhance the lovely experience that is the Tokyo in the Tub bath cocktail.

No comments: