About Me

My photo
My name is Luceile. I live in Texas (represent!) I've spent my share of time [and then some] in front of the mirror and, like most women, I have a need to share effective products with everyone. Enter: LUSH Cosmetics.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

LUSH LIFE Does Charity!

The Animal Welfare League's Wabash location animal shelter in Chicago has had their air conditioners stolen by some nasty little thieves and their animals are in danger of overheating in the sweltering summer heat. Their budget is tight since they are a no-kill shelter (which means they don't get funding from the state) so they're having to spend a large amount of their miniscule funds on industrial fans to keep the animals cool. This means they don't have the money for a lot of other necessities for these poor critters.

You can read all about their plight in this Huffington Post article
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/01/south-side-animal-shelter_n_889022.html

And you can visit the Animal Welfare League's website here
http://www.animalwelfareleague.com/

To donate, click on the link in the Huffington Post article, or visit the Donate page on the AWL website and learn about other ways to donate to the shelter, like bringing them your old newspapers, or bringing/sending them supplies that can be found on their wishlist.
I, myself, and sending them all my old newspapers and I'm going to call up the Lowe's in their area and order a couple of nice fans for them that they can pick up and use at the shelter.

-Luceile

No comments: