About Me

My photo
My name is Luceile. I live in Texas (represent!) I've spent my share of time [and then some] in front of the mirror and, like most women, I have a need to share effective products with everyone. Enter: LUSH Cosmetics.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

LUSH LIFE On The Move!

So, after a short stint trying to live with some friends and be able to save money/afford food at the same time, I've moved back in with my dad because, while he's cabin-sitting for his awesome friends' lake cabin for several weeks at a time, I'll be house-sitting his house. So he'll be putting my rent money in a savings account for me each month while I'll be able to live on my own because, honestly, I cannot live with other people.
But, the point is, I've been moving! And I think we all know what that means; heavy boxes, heavy lifting, and tons of physical labor. For the past two days my back has been screaming at me, so I put LUSH effectiveness to the ultimate test.

I asked the question heard throughout LUSH stores, online forums and customer chat rooms everywhere:
Does the Wiccy Magic Muscles massage bar actually work like a natural icy-hot to remedy sore muscles?

Allow me to kick things off by explaining what a massage bar is: LUSH invented massage bars as a "naked" (AKA packaging-free) solution to body lotion, which also makes getting (or giving!) massages an easier experience that just so happens to save the environment. They all have a base of shea and cocoa butters, along with their special blends of essential oils. The bars melt with your body temperature, so as you rub your skin with the bar, the oils and butters turn into a luxurious lotion.
The Wiccy Magic Muscles massage bar, in particular, is a spicy massage bar that is known for being a pain reliever on sore, overworked muscles; it's said to work like a natural icy-hot. It's mix of cinnamon leaf oil, a spicy-smelling oil that warms up you muscles as you rub in the lotion, and peppermint oil, which cools muscles and relieves some of the swelling that causes pain. Plus, the aduki beans on the top feel like little massaging fingers that are blasting the knots out of your muscles.

Given that I live alone, I couldn't exactly demand someone give me a back rub so I gave one to myself. I rubbed the massage bar between my hands then rubbed my lower back, my shoulders, and my neck; just as the name implies, my pain went away like magic!
After rubbing the melted massage oils and butters into my skin my knots were untied, my kinks were loosened up, and the soreness was a mere memory (not to mention, my horrible grouchiness had gone away...hmph, interesting...)
I've used this massage bar more times than I can mention for tension headaches (use on the back of your neck, it's fab) and for the purely awesome cinnamon-mint smell, but I've never been able to test it out on sore muscles until now, and it was amazing.

The answer to the original question is The Wiccy Magic Muscles massage bar is spectacular at relieving sore, tired muscles like a natural, moisturizing icy hot.

If you're a college kid moving into your first dorm, an athlete who goes through ice packs like a woodchuck through a small spruce tree, or a sufferer of arthritis, then this massage bar will be your little daily miracle.
Go pick it up at your local LUSH store or order it online at http://www.lush.com/ if you don't have a store near you.

No comments: