About Me

My photo
My name is Luceile. I live in Texas (represent!) I've spent my share of time [and then some] in front of the mirror and, like most women, I have a need to share effective products with everyone. Enter: LUSH Cosmetics.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Two Baths Worth Writing Home About!

I've taken a bath two consecutive nights in a row and they're both too darn fabulous not to blog about, so come join me in this very special two-bath edition of LUSH LIFE.

Le Premier Bain (The First Bath):
For this bath, I used a few products I hadn't used before; thusly, I was extremely excited.
The first product was the French Kiss Bubble Bar, I've used this one before so I knew it would go perfectly with this bath cocktail. It's full of lavender absolute, rosemary oil, and thyme oil. It's makes for really nice herbal lavender bubbles. Delightful!
Then I used a Twilight Bath Bomb, now I've demoed this bath bomb and even bought this bath bomb goodness knows how many times, but my 9-year-old cousin loves this bath bomb and I just can't say no to her, so my Twilights have always ended up in her baths. It is delightful to see a child enjoy something more than an adult ever could; ah, blissful childhood joy, how I miss thee. But I digress; I finally got my Twilight bombs from store to tub without a hitch. And, oh, what joy! The relaxing lavender oil! The gorgeous Tonka scent! It starts out pink but turns the water into a lovely purple color. This bomb turned my bathtub into the night sky; white clouds of froth, dark purple water makes the sky, and silver glitter completes the illusion as twinkly little stars. This bomb smells like cotton candy and feels absolutely silky smooth and delightful. Another wonderful LUSH invention!
Then I dropped in a chunk of the Happy Blooming Bath Melt. Even though it's 50% calamine powder, it still has a lovely cherry/berry scent. The calamine powder and cocoa butter softens my skin and soothes those summer bug bites on my ankles. Then passion flower seed oil makes up part of that signature sweet scent, as well as promoting that feeling of happiness and calm.
In this bath I used Alkmaar soap....AMAZING! If you like sultry, creamy soaps then this is the soap for you! It's got a marvelous blend of jasmine absolute and honeysuckle infusion with smoky vetivert notes throughout and a decadent creamy lather. The luxurious bubbly lather is possibly the best part of this soap, due to the fact that it's so surprisingly creamy; usually soaps are either give a great lather or they're creamy, but LUSH has managed to conquer both ends of the spectrum! If you like the Snowcake soap from Christmas, then this is it's year-round buddy; it's not the same scent, but it's that same moisturizing, creamy feeling.
Then, after the bath, I topped it off with the Fever Massage Bar. This delightful massage bar is, unfortunately, discontinued, but I got the last one at my shop and I am savoring it. It's composed of sensual jasmine, seductive rose, and mind-clearing sandalwood essential oils. It's seductive and smoky, just like the Alkmaar soap.
I locked in the moisture from my massage bar using Silky Underwear Dusting Powder. It has the same wonderful scent as the Alkmaar soap, so this helped layer my scent even more. Plus, it's got some cocoa butter bits mixed in to keep your skin super soft. I actually sprinkled some on my sheets before I got in bed, it made my sheets super soft and wonderfully scented!


Le Deuxième Bain (The Second Bath):
I had an awesome day at work so I decided to take an "I'm On Top Of The World Bath". This must be tried by anyone who has had a day to remember.
It started with the Dorothy Bubble Bar, a fresh, clean-scented bubble bar with the same lovely fragrance as the Figs & Leaves soap. It's full of orange blossom absolute, which is floral and citrusy, and ylang ylang oil, which is intensely relaxing. It's blue, it has a rainbow, and it smells like spring time...what's not to love?
Then I dropped in a Fizzbanger Bath Bomb; it has the classic Love scent from LUSH, a delightful scent that changes from crisp apples to warm toffee while it turns your bathwater green and crackles with the pop rocks inside. It contains cinnamon leaf oil for it's spicy, warming scent and petitgrain oil for a fresh, green scent. Super fun, super lovely!
Lastly a combo of Sugar Babe Sugar Scrub, a fair trade sugar scrub with a bit of mimosa absolute to soften skin while exfoliating, and limited edition Uluru shower gel finished the bath off perfectly. Allow me to inform you guys of something: when a shop has an anniversary party, which is once every year, there's a special product made for this occasion and it's usually a shower gel. One of the stores in my area had an anniversary a couple of months ago and their shower gel was Uluru; it has the same scent as the Uluru Bath Bomb, which was a recently discontinued retro item. It has rosewood, sandalwood, and lemon  myrtle oils and is inspired by Australian sunsets. This shower gel is a beautiful orange color and its gorgeous scent, fairly reminiscent of orange juice, lingers on your skin well after you're done bathing.
So here's a tip: Go to your local LUSH shops and ask them when their anniversaries are. It's worth knowing, because you can get some sweet exclusive stuff!


Try these cocktails (you can substitute Uluru with Happy Hippy) and let me know what you think!
-LuceileLUSH

No comments: